While there are a ton of cash back credit cards available, one of the best and most popular credit cards in Canada is the Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite Card.
The best part? It’s flexible. Several earning categories and no complicated calculations to determine your earnings.
With 10% cashback on all purchases for the first three months and several great perks, this card is perfect for anyone looking for rewards with a moderate annual fee. The best part is that you won’t have to pay an annual fee for the first year. So, you can enjoy this card premium benefit for the first year at no cost.
Check out this review for everything you need to know about the Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite card.
Key Card Details
- $120 annual fee (waived the first year)
- 2.99% introductory interest rate on purchases and balance transfers for the first 6 months
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance
- New Mobile Device Insurance
- The cash back card with the most awards in 2021
- Apply through this secure for a $125 cash back rebate
Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite Card Benefits
1. Car rental and insurance
Wouldn’t it be nice to get a discount when renting a car? Well, with the Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite card, you can. The card offers a 25% discount when you pay for your rental with the card at participating Budget and AVIS locations. The best part? You can also add complimentary Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance during your rental period. But, make sure you pay with your Scotiabank credit card to take advantage of this coverage.
2. Mobile device insurance
As a cardholder, you’ll enjoy mobile device insurance coverage of up to $1,000 that can go towards theft or damage to your cellular device. This unique benefit allows you to escape the hassle—and expense—of replacing lost or damaged mobile devices.
4. Comprehensive travel insurance
The Scotia Momentum Infinite card offers a nice balance of both cash back and insurance coverage. So, if you are a frequent traveler, you will find this card travel benefit useful.
The travel insurance offered by this card include:
- Travel Emergency Medical Insurance: This offers up to $1 million coverage for you and your family in case of accidental injury while travelling outside your home province or territory within Canada. However, this coverage is only valid for up to 15 consecutive days.
- Insurance for Lost Baggage: up to $500
- Trip Interruption Insurance: up to $2,000 per person and a maximum of $10,000 per trip
- Travel Accident Insurance: up to $500,000 in coverage
- Flight Delay Insurance: up to $500 in reimbursement per person
Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite Card Welcome Bonus
The Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite Card offers 10% cash back on up to $2,000 in purchases made in the first three months. This cash back promo is capped at $200. Furthermore, as a new cardholder, you won’t pay the first year’s $120 annual fee. Also, you can add up to supplementary cards free in your first year. If you spend up to $2,000 in your first three months, you will receive a total value of $320 ($200 + $120) in your first year. This is fairly substantial for a cash back card.
How To Earn Cash Back Reward
Jumping through all the hoops to get a rewards card can be a major hassle, right? You have to identify which cards offer the best reward rates and then determine if those rates are worth it based on how you spend. With Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite, you get one of the highest cash back in Canada — 4% on groceries and recurring bills, 2% on gas and daily essentials, and 1% on every other purchase.
Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite Card Downsides
The major downside of this card is that the cash back it earns is only posted to your card statement once a year, in November. So, you cannot redeem in smaller amounts or at a different time of year.
If you’re looking for a rewards credit card with a flexible reward structure, then the Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite card is an option worth considering.
The card offers many travel benefits that can help save you time and money while on holiday. Most importantly, it is accepted at millions of merchant locations worldwide. In addition, this card includes additional travel insurance benefits when you pay with your card.